Tuesday, July 30, 2019

REVIEW | COLGATE MAX WHITE CHARCOAL

All of us feel that our teeth could be a little whiter and a little brighter every now and again, am I right? 
Me, I drink a lot of coffee and even though I brush my teeth 3 times a day, I'm not able to avoid having my teeth stained. It doesn't bother me THAT much, but you know, if there's anything simple that I can do to help tone down the yellowness, I'll definitely give it a shot. I am not a huge fan of those treatments you can do at home -- you know, whitening strips or retainers with whitening goo. I prefer to keep my teeth white by brushing daily with a good whitening toothpaste.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING -- Do you know how most whitening toothpaste, how they make your teeth whiter?? It's by scrubbing the surface of your teeth. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, however this information was passed to me by my concerned dentist: most of whitening toothpastes contain some sort of abrasive agent that literally sands the stains of your teeth surface of your teeth.most of the times you can even feel the abrasive agents if you rub the toothpaste between you index and thumb -- it feels like tiny particles of sand! And sanding of the top layer of your teeth -- the enamel -- can damage your teeth. This will make your teeth more pron to sensitivity to hot and cold. And no one wants that. Since my dentist told me this, I have been paying more attention to what tooth paste I buy, because I've always suffered with some light sensitivity and I deferentially don't want to make it any worse. But I do also still want to have whiter, brighter teeth!


The other day, while browsing the toothpaste section of my local supermarket -- as one does -- I found this toothpaste and it instantly piqued my curiosity! I bought it and started to use it right a way.

This is the COLGATE MAX WHITE CHARCOAL. It mentions "Gentle mineral scrubbing" and it says on the tube that it is "Clinically Proven to remove up to 100% of surface stains". Let's pay attention to this claim -- they do mention "surface stains" and do talk about scrubbing. So yeah, this goes right along with what my doctor told me. But hey, at least they are putting things as they are. It's right there on the box! You are going to scrub the surface of you teeth by using this product. They don't say it like this but you know, it's implied. So if you decide that you do want to use this type of toothpastes, you should be careful! Don't use it every day, just two or three times a week, don't apply too much pressure when brushing. And when you are not using this one, use a toothpaste rich in fluoride.  And this applies to pretty much EVERY WHITENING TOOTHPASTE OUT THERE -- including AP24 - the one that is super famous on social media with all the fake pics.


This one in particular has charcoal. And why is the advantage of charcoal? Well, activated charcoal is known for having the ability to bind to toxin, so it might well remove some of them from you teeth. The charcoal gives the tooth paste a jet black color making it look kind of scary for a product you put in your mouth. It tastes minty, just like regular toothpaste. You can feel de charcoal in it, which is in this case the abrasive substance that will scrub you teeth.

Have I been noticing any differences? Well kind of, but nothing very significative. I've been using this for the past two weeks but only when I brush my teeth at night, before bed. Once a day. ( In the morning and after lunch, I use my regular toothpaste). I feel like this will help me prevent new stains while slowly getting rid of old ones. I don't know if this makes any sense, or if it works, but hey -- that's how I roll. I believe that with a more frequent use you would be able to have better results, but the idea of damaging my teeth really scares me.


Have you tried any black whitening toothpaste? How was it? 

22 comments:

  1. That's a little stunning to see, black that makes white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eu quero experimentar esta pasta de dentes, mas tenho de admitir que produtos com carvão me assustam um pouco, seja isto ou até mesmo os novos exfoliantes que por aí andam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Também sou um pouco como tu.. sou um bocado medrosa nesse aspeto!

      https://a-cold-angel.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  4. Tenho que me informar acerca disso =)

    Beijocas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wanted to try charcoal toothpaste.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nem nunca vi à venda, ainda! Mas senti-me tentada a comprar... ups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essa ainda não experimentei, já experimentei uma idêntica e gostei.
    Beijinhos!
    In Beautyland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confesso que pastas de dentes pretas me deixam imenso de pé atrás.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried charcoal toothpaste - I have to confess that the black toothpaste puts me off, haha!

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. não só acho como tenho a certeza :)

    fiquei curioso!

    NEW OUTFIT POST | AUGUST, PLEASE BE NICE!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black toothpaste is the best

    https://palinpalin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obrigada pelo comentário :) Gelinho ou gel só mesmo uma vez por outra. E mesmo assim, acho que vou dispensar. Podes encontrar os produtos em várias lojas online, parafarmácias, perfumarias locais (o meu caso) ou grandes espaços como a Sephora, Douglas, Perfumes & Companhia, etc.
    Beijinhos ❤
    EVENING BREEZE

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Colgate é uma ótima marca, esse deve ser muito bom também! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Já ouvi falar mas ainda não experimentei, fiquei curiosa.
    Beijinhos
    http://virginiaferreira91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comecei apenas a usar na semana passada... pelo que também no meu caso, é muito cedo para notar algum efeito mais significativo... normalmente costumo usar as pastas da Aquafresh, de que gosto bastante... mas quis experimentar esta... para confirmar se apresenta assim resultados tão visíveis!...
    Beijinhos! Aproveito para me despedir por algum tempinho, enquanto faço uma pausa no blog, agora em tempo de Verão... conto voltar lá para meados de Outubro... porque eu estou convencida, de que este ano, teremos calor quase até Novembro... sim porque o Verão... praticamente ainda nem se viu!... Enfim!... São as alterações climáticas no seu melhor... ainda a começar!...
    Tudo de bom! Até breve!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, que pasta diferente. ainda não conhecia e já quero achar por aqui
    beijos
    http://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Não admira que tenha vindo a sentir os dentes cada vez mais sensíveis ao quente e ao frio. :o
    Vou começar a prestar mais atenção a este género que produtos.

    littlewonderlandxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Já experimentámos e gostámos, mas preferimos a azul que tem pepitas azuis. Para nós é a melhor do mercado.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Já experimentei e vi resultados por acaso :)


    Beijinhos,
    O meu reino da noite
    facebook | instagram | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Que artigo excelente, seu site é muito bom mesmo, estou toda semana visitando e lendo seus artigos.

    Parabéns!

    Meu Blog: Capixaba Cap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment!
Follow me:
TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook