I'm not in a very good mood today. I'm feeling tired, and annoyed. It has been a very rough week for me. So excuse my objectivity.
During the last weeks I had no pain at all. And everything was going great. I was pretty much able to eat anything, and the brace were not bothering me at.
But, today was appointment day. And I think today the doctor was feeling productive because she worked a lot on me. Any way, let me sum it up:
- I thought my top teeth were good. I was wrong. They need to be shifted, because the top canines are supposed to rest in the space right before the bottom one and mine don't do that .So she removed two brackets and she glued them back lightly raised, to create a wider arch. So one of my teeth (tooth number 13) is going to be all weird during the next month, at least. And since it is shifting already it hurts like crap. Makes my whole face hurt. She prescribed me some paracetamol. I wish she had prescribed me some oxycodone, it would make this whole experience so much fun!
- Good news: if this painful process works, I won't need to remove any teeth -- which I bet is even more painful soooo *fingers crossed*.
- She added brackets to all my last teeth. I didn't had brackets on the very last one, nor top or bottom. But now I do. Now, the wire pokes my cheeks and it is supper annoying.
- She told me my gums are not very healthy and that I need to go to see my dental hygienist. I kinda already knew that. I've been slacking on my "routine".
- I chose hot pink elastics (again). I like it. I think the color blends nicely with the rest of the inside of my mouth and I think so far it's the best color I've chosen.
If you any tips on how to handle the pain, let me know. I've heard salty water helps. Anyone confirms?