Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dry Shampoo | Batiste vs Garnier

The dry shampoo trend has finally arrived to Portugal! And OMG, it was about time! When I was living in France (two years ago) I was able to buy dry-shampoo at any supermarket. All the regular  supermarket shampoo brands sold dry-shampoo, and I could even find Batiste on my grocery store. 

Since I've tried it for the first time, I became an huge fan of dry shampoo -- I really hate washing my hair... and having to deal with all the hassle of drying it and straightening it... It just takes too much time! So if there is a product that can make my hair look good for a couple more days, I'm all up for it!


Recently Garnier lunched dry-shampoo and suddenly everybody started talking about dry shampoo. And I got curious! So I went to my local grocery store and picked up a can. Garnier offers 3 scents -- citrus, chamomile and oats. I lightly smelled the 3, and I wasn't really fan of any of the smells, but I ended up picking up the one in the pink bottle. I guess they should all work the same, right?

Anyway, I've been using it for a while now. And it works pretty good. Compared to the Batiste one that I use all the time, I can say that it is pretty much as good. There is, tho, a huge diference between them: the Garner one is much wet than the one from batiste... You can see what I'm saying from the picture. Batiste's product is much more powdery, and if you are not careful with the application it can leave a white residue on your hair. However, I feel like the powder absorves the oils much more effectively. The one from Garnier is wetter and I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I prefer the way the one from Batiste feels, but I honestly cannot say if it is more effective or not.


Overall I still prefer the Batiste one, because of the scent and the texture of the product. It's is harder to come by and I have to buy it online, but is way cheaper. Batiste's 200ml can costs 3,99€ while the Garnier one has 150ml and it costs 7,99€. It's way too expensive. 

25 comments:

  1. Amazing products, darling! So nice and interesting! Look really useful!

    New post is on my blog! Visit me, Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a dry shampoo but it looks pretty interesting in case you have a last minute emergency. Thanks for sharing, dear. xx

    My last post here: http://fallingforvogue.blogspot.com.es/2017/10/basicos-con-tendencias.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nunca usei, mas que é super popular lá isso é. Todas as minhas amigas usam e adoram o do batiste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear!
    I knew about the Batisse one not about a new one from Garnier, but I am not quite fan of that brand, so I believe I will still trust more in the other🙄
    Nice post darlinggg❤️
    Have a wonderful weekend😻

    Elena from Somniare Aude blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Não conhecia. Mas gosto muito de meter muita água no meu cabelinho. No entanto, pode dar jeito.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eu adoro o batiste, é mesmo o meu favorito, mas agora compro no pingo doce!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ainda só experimentei da Batiste e gosto muito, inclusive, já experimentei 3 ou 4 "cheiros" e gostei de todos! Os da Garnier e outras marcas, nunca experimentei, mas parecem-me ser sempre muito caras :)

    http://mundodablue.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Estava a pensar comprar a da garnier para testar mas, a esse preço, nem pensar! Muito caro para o uso que sei que daria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Não sei se é por falta de jeito, mas não me dou bem com os Shampoos secos!

    Bjxxx
    Ontem é só Memória | Facebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gostei muito da resenha!
    Já estou te seguindo

    REILLIZA ||| YOUTUBE LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both sound really good! Many people are using dry shampoo now.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Já sabia que a Garnier tinha lançado shampoo seco, porém não sabia que era tão caro! Ainda nem o vi nas lojas!
    Beijinhos,

    A Maiazita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ainda não experimentei o da garnier, mas tenho lido muitas pessoas a dizerem que também não gostam muito do efeito. Eu ainda não tenho opinião pois ainda não experimentei. Os da Batiste funcionam perfeitamente :)

    katiantunes.com
    YOUTUBE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tenho imensa curiosidade em relação ao da Batiste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sem dúvida alguma :D
    Ohn, obrigado :3

    Já experimentei o batiste mas sinto que deixa uma mancha branca muito grande se não tivermos cuidado :( O da Garnier pareceu-me uma excelente opção. Tenho de o experimentar :D

    NEW FASHION POST | FALL/WINTER: THE STATEMENT PIECES THAT YOU MUST HAVE :o
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D


    Please, VOTE FOR ME

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorei a resenha, esse da Garnier parece ser o melhor.
    Beijos. ♥

    Diário da Lady

    ReplyDelete
  17. Não sei se sabes mas a trésemee também lançou aqui em Portugal! Nunca experimentei nenhum, só o da batiste. E a verdade é que os preços da Ultra Suave e da Tresemee não são nada convidativos! Tenho um post sobre isto caso queiras espreitar: https://bolacha-mariaa.blogspot.pt/2017/08/champo-seco-3-marcas-3-precos.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eu (Telma) tenho o cabelo oleoso. Experimentei o baptiste e gostei. Agora fiquei com curiosidade de experimentar o outro da garnier, porque o que não gosto da baptiste é ficar tão branco...
    Obrigado pela partilha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tenho mesmo muita curiosidade quanto ao conceito de champô seco, porém, o meu cabelo não é oleoso (sorte), por isso, ainda não senti necessidade de comprar um. De qualquer forma, acho os da Garnier um exagero de dinheiro, assim como muitos produtos deles.
    Em que situações achas que compensa mais a aplicação de um champô destes? Talvez pudesses fazer um post sobre isso ;)
    Beijinhos eheh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Realmente ainda é uma diferença de preços considerável!
    Confesso que tenho imensa curiosidade em relação aos champôs secos, mas como tenho o couro cabeludo sensível tenho algum receio...*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment!
Follow me:
TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook