Friday, October 23, 2015

Dry shampoo... Dry shampoo... where can i find you?! | Rant

I am going to rant a little bit again.. I feel like lately all've done is ranting on the blog! I getting kinda grumpy uhm.. 



Anyway..

So, today I tried to buy some dry shampoo. Oh I am a big fan of dry shampoo because -- let's face it, I am just too lazy and busy to wash and blow my hair frequently. And I also read somewhere that washing your hair very frequently is not that good, so dry shampoo is a very good option.

In the all the different countries I've lived in the past few years, I have always been able to find dry shampoo in the supermarket. From all different brands -- Dove, Tresemmé, Loreal, etc and my favorite Batiste. -- If you follow me on facebook you probably remember this picture.. See, I bought in a supermarket, with my Garnier bb creme!



But now, I am in Portugal, and I am gonna be here for a while. And it is impossible to find any brand of dry shampoo in any supermarket! I went to three different supermarkets unsuccessfully. And then I went to this shop called ibeauty in CC-Colombo. I asked if they had any and the girl handed me a can of dry shampoo from some fancy brand. 

I asked if I could try the powder on my hand -- she said no. I asked for if they had like a tester "oh we don't have any". I told her I've tried many dry shampoos and I wanted to see how this one felt like, if this one was any good. She said, "Oh yeah, this one is very good". I asked if she has used it or tried it before. She said no. ------ She had never tried it, how can she know if it's good....?! What a great employee! 
I thought "Ok, lets give this shit a try anyway". I asked for the price. It wasn't marked... So we headed over to the counter. As she was checking the price, I asked her if she knew if dry-shampoo was sold on any big supermarkets or like big chain stores... She said "Oh I don't know. This is a very new product. The supermarket brands don't sell this type of stuff. This is very exclusive". And then she told me the price.. 18 EUROS! I was astonished! Like, she is telling me that this is not sold on supermarkets when I've been buying this stuff for over 3 years on supermarkets... for under 5€ or 5$. And  she wanted 18€ for a 200ml can from a brand I don't know and I couldn't try!

What really bothers me is that she doesn't know what is saying. How can she say that stuff. It annoys me because I try to be the as good as possible at my job. I try to be prepared. And I try to know everything that I need to know about the stuff I work with. If I worked in beauty, you bet I would know everything about every type of product and where to find it. And if she is any bit interested by this field, she would have wanted to try out dry shampoo. It is just disappointing.

And 18€ for 1 bottle --  I can order my favorite from Maquillalia for 3.99€ !

Do you buy use dry shampoo? Do you have any idea where I can get my hands to some?! 
And also, who has a promocode for Maquiallila? xD 






14 comments:

  1. Nunca experimentei nenhum champô seco, confesso :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also live in Portugal and I must confess I would love to try dry shampoo but I have that problem too. I can't find none and I would never pay 18€. I think it's too much! The problem is that I'm not really comfortable with shopping it online, so I truly have a problem. If you could find it anywhere please let me know. Thank you.

    As Confissões da Andreia

    ReplyDelete
  3. R: Agradeço imenso a proposta, mas vivo em Braga e por isso é bem longe. BTW, nunca sei em que idioma escrever no teu blog, tanto escrevo em português como em inglês, é bastante engraçado, até porque por exemplo neste post tenho dois comentários: um em inglês e outro em português.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eu por vezes uso o da Klorane para cabelos oleosos (farmácia), mas também não foi barato...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A H&M tem um - acho que não há em todas as lojas, eu só encontrei na do Chiado - uma embalagem de 50 ml são 3 euros e qualquer coisas e as maiores são 7 euros e tal. E depois tens os da Klorane, mas esses já são mais caros...
    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Obrigado pela dica, mas mesmo assim é mais caro do que mandar vir os da batiste...

      Delete
  6. Nunca usei champô seco, mas já experimentei o truque do pó de talco e não resultou lá muito bem. Acho que tenho que deixar a preguiça de lado e lavar mesmo o cabelo eheh!

    Marli, do My Own Anatomy ❀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caso vá aos States ou alguém que eu conheça posso arranjar-te da Batiste..... onde cmpravas ao melhor preço?

    ReplyDelete
  8. que azar no atendimento!
    eu já usei champo seco da Batiste e adorei, mas lá está... tive de encomendar online na primor (é parecido com a maquillalia :)
    em portugal comprar champo seco só se for numa farmácia ou parafarmácia, por exemplo o da klorane :)

    XX, Catarina | www.vogueandlove.blogs.sapo.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used dry shampoo... I don't even know what it is

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eu por acaso nunca experimentei nenhum!
    beijinhos
    http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tenho que experimentar desses champôs... muita gente fala aqui no blog :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eu honestamente pensei que o dry shampoo era um mito !! Mas esta gente é muito incompetente mesmo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vi à venda um pequeno na primark do fórum sintra por 1,50 € :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment!
Follow me:
TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook